Monday, June 18, 2012

New Photos

I'm sure a lot of new bloggers have the same problem, needing to blog, and doing it more than every couple months.

Trying to come up with a subject to write about is tough enough, but my biggest problem is remembering to log on an post something.  Oh, well, enough of my whining, on with todays rambling.

Every summer, McCall Arts and Humanities Council holds an art action as a fund raising event.  The venue is hosted by the Davidson and Shaver families in beautiful Charlie's Garden.  With wine tasting and food by local restaurants, it is fun to attend.  Hopefully the attendees will spend lots of money on the art.

I have been lucky to have been part of this event for the last 10+ years.  Last year they started jurying the artists, but it seemed to be only a formality, leading up to this years first time of really picking the artists who will be invited to attend.  Have to admit, it made me nervous.   Not belonging to a gallery or having any other venue to show and (hopefully) sell my art, this is an important event to me.  Besides that, is just down right fun to attend.

I did make the cut with some new work.  Last year one of my pieces was chosen as one of the Jury's Choices, but it didn't sell.  The other pieces sold, so maybe being part of the selected circle wasn't that great of a thing.  Though I am honored by the choice of my work.

I thought I would show a couple of my pieces that I am showing this year.  It is a new direction for me, and I am very excited on what new roads it is opening to me.  They are, I guess, abstract pieces.  Not the normal reality that I was pursuing in the past.  It seems like every time I try a new technique, something exciting happens, and a new idea pops up.

The first one is of some blossoms on a tree across from where I live.  I had an idea and when I noticed the flowers, I did some experiments, and one of them I really liked.
A friend, and past client, who is also pursuing a new direction in life, and whose input I respect, said it had a very ethereal feel.  I think I am going to put it in the show, but need to see it large and framed first.

The second one I call coming storm, and again, a new look for me.

The third I call, for now, Spring Plants.  It is similar to what I had in last years show.  Working with motion is an interesting direction.


If anyone is reading this blog, please feel free to leave input on what you think of this work.  Hopefully you like it.

Thanks for reading!

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment