Monday, April 29, 2013

First of the year.

It's been over six months since I last posted something.  Not good.  I have to really get better at this.  And learn how to get people to look at my posting.  Right now I'm kind of out in the desert by myself, so to say.

The mountain closed early this year from lack of snow.  And now the snow in town is pretty much gone.  The rivers aren't too high yet, so have gone down to the river a few times.  My dog, Huck, loves going fishing, so it's a great reason to get him some exercise.

  The first time I caught a nice 18" rainbow that was a fun fight.  I landed and kept that one.  I really wanted a fresh trout for dinner.  Anything after this would be released.

My next cast had a big hit!  A big fish jumped about a foot out of the water and I thought, Oh boy!, a good fight is on.  Yeah, right.  As soon as it hit the water the tippet snapped.  Fish Off!  Damn, that was a disappointment.  Oh well, it happens.

And that was the end of my catching anything.  I've gone down a couple more times, got some bumps, and lost some flies, but not more hooking up.  But like they say, it's not the catching, it's the fishing.



I am excited that in two weeks my son Sean and his family will be out for Mothers Day.  Sean was my go to for modeling fishing photos.  He loves the sport as much as anyone, and modeling for me was a great excuse to get out on the water.

Hopefully, we can get away for a few hours and get some fishin' and shootin' in.

Well, better sign off and get something done.  Get out there and wet some lines.

Tom




No comments:

Post a Comment