Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fishing with Clark

This week is panning out pretty well.  I got a couple shoots booked, did a little fishing, and shot some fishing photos for my website.

Sunday I ran up to Goose Creek to check the water level and get some line wet.  Took the 4 wt. as this is not a big fish stream.  I had fun, but only caught fingerlings.  I did get excited about how the water and background looked.  Great place for a photo shoot.

I called a friend, Clark Lucas, and asked if he was up to do a little modeling for me.

Now Clark is a Steelhead and Salmon fisherman.  Little Brookies and Rainbows aren't his thing, but he agreed to downsize for the sake of my photos.  He did insist on bringing his own rod.  a 9' 6 wt.  I tried to get him to use my 3 or 4 wt. but no deal.

He is also a master fly tier.  His spey and steelhead flies are works of art.  I feel honored when ever he has given me some of his flies.  I could never tie any thing like these.




I also figured Clark was someone who could get to the spots I had picked for photos.  He has recently retired from the Forest Service, and after thirty years running around the mountains, he is in pretty good shape.  So much for what I wanted, the wuss wouldn't go to the holes I wanted him in.  Afraid of a little fast water on a freestone stream.  Of course, he is a skinny guy.  Probably would have got washed down the river.  

I can't really pick on him.  He did get into some pretty hairy spots for me.  Thank God for carbide studs.  The rocks are slick.




It was a lot of fun, and I think Clark got into it a little.  When I was finished, he fished for a little bit.  Trying to catch one of those 10' Brookies on his 6 wt.

I'm much indebted to him, and hope to get him out to model again.

Still haven't talked about my fishing, but I'll get to that later.

<'(((((><

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment